Company culture is all the buzz, and for good reason. Studies show culture can make or break a company when attracting top talent, retaining the superstars, and can lead to a higher level of success versus companies without a defined culture.
If you’re striving for a company culture that sparks more creativity and imagination among your team, consider these suggestions to implement.
- Strive to attract and hire passionate and creative individuals that work great with others. In this INC.com article, it gives some great hiring suggestions that will help gauge candidates creativity.
2. Hire a diverse slate of people from all walks of life. Diversity has been proven to foster new ideas and generate new opportunities. According to Forbes, “companies in the top quartile for gender diversity outperform their competitors by 15% and those in the top quartile for ethnic diversity outperform their competitors by 35%.”
3. Focus on empowering the entire team, not just the executive team to contribute to ideas and initiatives. Give everyone a voice. It’s been shown to attribute to higher performance ratings, lower turnover rates and leads to more initiative and innovation. Here are some ways to give everyone a voice.
4. Don’t work in silos. Break up the departments and allow individuals to work with different teams on new projects. Fresh dynamics lead to new ideas and perspectives.
5. Design an environment that inspires people. Somewhere that collaboration and innovation can thrive. Think meeting pods, gardens, treadmill desks or incorporating more natural light and plants has been said to increase productivity as well. Even flexible schedules and remote work opportunities. Anything to break outside of the traditional office or boardroom. Here are some of the most inspirational office spaces.
Motivated and happy teams lead to successful and productive companies. It’s an investment of time and energy that should be a priority for every company to stay competitive and relevant for today’s workforce.
SearchWide Global is a full-service executive search firm primarily for companies in Destination Organizations / Hotels & Resorts / Venue Management / Experiential Marketing, Tradeshow & Exhibition / Industry Associations / Sports & Entertainment. Specializing in C-Level and Director level executive searches for companies ranging in size from Fortune 500 corporations to mid-sized public and private companies and associations. Founded in 1999, SearchWide Global is headquartered in the Twin Cities and operates worldwide.