San Antonio (May 5, 2019) –Visit San Antonio is thrilled to announce that Azari Jones has been named one of Destinations International’s 30 Under 30 recipients.
The 30 individuals, 30 years of age and under, will have the opportunity to engage in professional development opportunities throughout 2019 and beyond. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, President and CEO of Destinations International. “The future of the travel and tourism industry remains dependent on today’s young professionals and the Foundation continually invests in the leaders of tomorrow through professional development and mentorship opportunities. We look forward to connecting with the 30 future leaders at this year’s Annual Convention, throughout 2019 and their careers.”
Azari began her hospitality career working for Disney and Marriott International. She joined Visit San Antonio as national sales manager in January 2017. She completed her master’s degree in hospitality from Johnson & Wales University in August 2017. This fall, Azari will also begin teaching hospitality classes at St. Philips Community College.
“As a young professional, Azari quickly rose to become a star performer within our organization, exceeding sales goals while always maintaining strength of character,” said President & CEO of Visit San Antonio Casandra Matej. “Azari is a natural leader and a true asset to our team. She has a bright future ahead.”
- Honorees will receive complimentary registration and three nights' hotel accommodations during Destinations International's 2019 Annual Convention.
- Recognition on stage and throughout the 2019 Annual Convention in St. Louis, MO, July 23-25, 2019.
- Complimentary registration for Fundamentals in Destination Marketing, the first course of Destinations International's PDM program.
- Year-round professional development focus, including regular interactive webinars and an online community to share ideas.
- Opportunity to apply to attend the Association of Australian Convention Bureaux's Annual Conference.
“The Destinations International Foundation is proud to support the 30 Under 30 Program,” said Jason Fulvi, Board Chair of the Destinations International Foundation and President and CEO of Visit KC. “This program helps further develop our industry’s leaders of tomorrow. We look forward to having them join us at the Annual Convention and continuing to grow throughout the year.”
Now in its ninth year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by IMEX Group, MMGY Global and Northstar Meetings Group.
“Not only does the program bring incredible value to our industry, but it brings unlimited opportunity to the recipients,” said Mike Gamble, President and CEO of SearchWide Global. “By shaping future industry leaders, we can build an even better future for destination marketing.”